Sunday 6 December 2009

To blog or not to blog? That is the question


This is a failing blog

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy doing this blog and sharing my photos and videos but very few people come here to see what I have to offer. The best day that I have had so far was World Blog Surf Day but normally I only have 3 to 12 visitors a day and it just seems a bit weird, talking to the internet ether.

What am I going to do about it

Well I am going to carry on for a while and see how I feel about it but I am going to loosen up a bit about how and when I post. When I started this blog the main aim was to make it a bit of a resource for expats living in Belgium (side bar links etc) and people who are planning to visit Belgium and I did not want to post much outside of my own photos and vids. I think that I am going to throw my rule book out of the window and post what I feel like posting, when I feel like posting it.

So let's see how it goes from here

BBE

3 comments:

Mandy said...

I don't think 3-12 visitors a day is bad at all and I don't think your blog is failing. But yes, I do know the feeling of writing "into the ether" and it's not fun. There are quite a few free or cheap ways to advertise your blog though and that might draw readers in: Entrecard, CMF ads, Blog Explosion... um, trying to think of more. BlogCatalog is an excellent source of readers to my blog and MyBlogLog is good for meeting people. And then there are places like Blogged and Bloglovin' (links in my left sidebar) where you can list you blog.

I totally respect that you might want to give up but I only get 10 or so visitors on my other two blogs a day and I don't consider them failures at all!

BBE said...

Thanks for the encouragement Emm. I will not be giving up on this blog yet but I am going to step away from it for a bit and have a think.

BBE

bikerted said...

A rather belated answer to your quandary BBE. I only recieve 5-10 visitors a day, however I do this as a personal diary of places I've visited and things I've done. If only a handful of visitors like a post and decide to investigate the event/place themselves, then I consider the blog a success.

Remember many people visit but few comment. This makes feedback very limited making the blogger uncertain if they are doing a good job.

Personally I enjoy yours and you have opened new places to me that sometime in future I hope to visit.

Carry on blogging

Ted